Taco salad is a classic salad to eat! This to-go version of Taco Salad is sure to please with its big Mexican flavour and colourful appearance! Adults and older kids alike are fans of this Taco Salad in a jar recipe!
I love the crunchy crisp texture and taste of the sweet pepper, green onion, and tomatoes. All of the colours just scream summer to me!
A secret I use to keep my tortilla chips crunchy for days while it is stored waiting for me to eat it is to save a fruit cup container, wash it out, and then put the lid part of your mason jar upside down on it before closing your jar. That way everything is sealed and also separated until you are ready to enjoy!
Taco Salad Recipe In A Jar!
Taco Salad Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 cup cooked black beans
- 1/8 tsp taco spice mix
- 2 tbsp salsa
- 2 tbsp sour cream or Greek style yogurt
- 1/8 cup diced sweet pepper
- 1/8 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 2 cups salad greens mix
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- Cook black beans in your instant pot. You can also cook them in a regular pot on the stove. Set aside 1/2 cup of the beans for this salad and mix with the taco spice blend. I always make a large batch of beans and save some of them for other meals.
- Put the salsa and sour cream into the bottom of the jar.
- Add in cooled beans. Then layer in the pepper, onion, and tomato.
- Next add in the shredded cheese.
- Lastly, put your lettuce on top.
- Close your jar putting the tortilla chips into the top of the jar in the fruit cup container.
- When you're ready to enjoy the salad put the contents of the jar into a bowl and combine to mix the dressing.
If meat is more your style you can substitute the black beans in the recipe for ground beef or any other ground meat you’d like. Or get really adventurous and use steak or fish!
In the winter I love making this salad since it reminds me of summer so much! Luckily the ingredients are easy to come by at your local grocery store so you won’t have to search high and low for them.
If you’d like a vegan version of Taco Salad check out this post where I give you all the details!
To get the recipe for my taco spice mix recipe along with 3 other spice mixes simply enter your info below and I’ll send it to you ASAP!