Writing this Greek salad recipe down was so easy! Greek salad is a classic salad that I’m sure everyone has at least tried before. I like it because it has different flavours that you don’t get in other salad recipes.
The dressing for this salad is a classic as well. Greek salad recipes usually call for a balsamic vinegar olive oil dressing and that’s just what this salad uses! I add a bit of oregano, too, to add a bit more depth to the flavour.
In all of the salads I make I like to use salad greens mixes because they take less prep work on my part and the flavour is superior to iceberg lettuce. During the summer we have a steady supply of salad greens mix coming from the garden so I don’t even have to leave home to get it!
The best part of a Greek salad is the feta! The saltiness is so delicious and refreshing. Just what you need on a hot summer day to replenish your electrolytes when you’ve been out sweating in the heat.
Greek Salad Recipe In A Jar!
Greek Salad Recipe
- 3 tbsps diced red onion
- 1/8 cup sliced black olives
- 1/8 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup orange sweet pepper
- 1/8 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced feta cheese
- 2 cups mixed salad greens
- Add dressing to the bottom of the jar.
- Add in onion and black olives. Then add in tomatoes, pepper, and cucumber.
- Next, add in the feta cheese.
- Finish by filling the jar with the mixed salad greens.
- When you're ready to enjoy the salad empty the contents into a bowl and mix to combine the dressing.
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing
Balsamic Vinegar Dressing Recipe
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Screw on the lid and shake to combine.
- Use as desired on your salad.
If you would like more fresh meal ideas check out the recipe section of my blog for some inspiration! What are your go-to summer recipes to help beat the heat?